Ladies Literary Club Building
We are proud to announce that the very good site Ladies’ Literary Club has gifted their building located at 850 East South Temple to Utah Heritage Foundation! We are thrilled to steward this beautiful space and we are dedicated to renovating the building and restoring its original beauty while preserving the legacy of the Ladies’ Literary Club. Once renovated, Utah Heritage Foundation will operate the building as an event center for the community to canadian cialis generic use. In the interim, the building is buy levitra pill available on a limited basis for community events and private rentals.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Ladies' Literary Club Building
850 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City
Join us for a tradition that was at the heart of the founding of Ladies' Literary Club. This will be a Blue Tea like no other as we are also celebrating the 100 mg generic viagra 101st anniversary the building. All money raised will go towards the renovation of the Ladies' Literary Club building. Guests encouraged to wear blue and tea attire.
History of Blue Tea
www.relevantrankings.com the intellectual privileges she had enjoyed at her former home in England. She invited a few friends, whose tastes were similar, to meet weekly in her parlor for the purpose of reading and discussing their favorite authors. The Blue Tea was essentially an exclusive literary and chop-project.com cultural club with membership limited to 25 members. Eliza Kirtley Royle was elected as the first vice-president and presided over meetings during Mrs. Froiseth's absence.
The name Blue Tea came from the Blue Stockings, a group of 18th century intellectuals who met in London. The Blue Stockings were defined as "serious, intellectual or scholarly women". It was said that the group in Salt Lake City was a "regular Blue-stockings gathering", and since they met over tea, it became "Blue Tea".
Among the http://www.de4kids.ro/buy-viagra-and-receive-it-in-canada-fast members of the Blue Tea were a few women who believed a non-exclusive women's club was needed in Salt Lake City, not only for the literary elite, but also for women who were simply learners. These women seceded from the Blue Tea. In February 1877, three Blue Tea members and a few friends met at the home of Mrs. Tina R. Jones and organized the Ladies Literary Club for the purpose of "Literary purists and mental culture". Mrs. Royle was elected the first president, and this began the "open door" policy, placing no restrictions on education or number of members. In April, the members of the Blue Tea who had been part of the secession were expelled from the Blue Tea.
The Ladies' Literary Club members were mostly mothers with young children. They were often wives of price viagra prominent businessmen, government officials and religious leaders who had resided in Utah for only a short time. A few were single professional women, but all were said to be non-Mormons. Although no group was excluded from the membership by the club's by-laws, it was said to be common understanding that non-Mormon women being such a small minority in the territory of Utah felt a need to form a sisterly enclave.
After about two years, the Blue Tea disbanded and about 20 percent of the Blue Tea members joined the Ladies' Literary Club, although Jennie never did. Her two daughters Ethylene Perkins and buy cheap cialis online Dorothy Bracken were lifelong members and both served as presidents of the Ladies' Literary Club. Jeannie Froiseth was made an honorary member in 1927 in recognition of her contributions to the women's club movement in Utah.
The ladies have held the viagra purchase Blue Tea and shared this history for several decades. They would use the finest silver and have a tea party to celebrate the history and founding of the Ladies' Literary Club. Utah Heritage Foundation is proud to continue on the tradition and preserve the history so vital to genuine cialis the club's early beginnings.
Research by Patricia Lyn Scott.
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors of the 2014 Blue Tea!
The Ladies' Literary Club has been an indelible part of Utah's history since it began in 1877. They were one of the first and internet cialis longest enduring women's organizations and always generously gave of buy online pill viagra their time and resources. Their historic club house located at 850 East South Temple has served as their home for the past 100 years. Read more about the club's history, their various homes, and how the club chose to donate the levitra for sale usa building to Utah Heritage Foundation.